The Washington University Women's Ultimate (WUWU) program is proud to host the second annual Women's Midwest Throwdown in St. Louis, MO. Throwdown was founded by the University of Texas Women's Ultimate program last season as a way to provide women's teams in the South and Midwest with more opportunities to play against quality competition and to promote the growth of college women's ultimate. With the support of Texas, we are looking forward to hosting Throwdown this year and continuing to build women's ultimate in this part of the country.
When: March 7-8, 2009
Where: St. Louis, MO
Teams: 20 women's teams
Please feel free to contact us with questions or comments at: throwdown.td (at) gmail dot com
Special thanks to Kristen Lamm of Florida FUEL for the logo design!
We are happy to be able to offer teams the following extras:
- Free Five Ultimate Midwest Throwdown trucker hats for the winning team
- Free Chipotle burritos for both teams playing in the finals immediately following the finals game
- Free Papa John's pizza for all teams immediately following Saturday pool play games
- Buy one get one free coupons to Qdoba for all teams
- Free mini rulebook for every team
- Midwest Throwdown program (with team bios) for all players
- Division I teams: Free Smoothie King coupon and Ultivillage DVD to award to each team's Most Spirited Player / Most Valuable Player
- Division II teams: Free Smoothie King coupon and assorted Five Ultimate freebies to award to each team's Most Spirited Player / Most Valuable Player